Thursday, March 29, 2012

A day off!

Working a fulltime job and having three children that need my attention continuously is exhausting. Especially right now, I am in the middle of searching for a new position and new job all together. Where I am working now, the branch will be getting closed down as of May 31st resulting in a 'wonderful' and inevitable lay off! Yayy! (Not) 
So besides my regular working hours, I am picking up shifts to cover, because we are also short staffed! 
Any way!..
Today I have the day off and I just want to sit down, not do a single thing of house work, and just enjoy the time I have with my crazy monkeys.
It just keeps hitting me how fast time really does go by. I woke up this morning to hear Connor crying through the baby monitor. I had to literally pry myself to get out of bed. I make it up the stairs and into his room. I see my 'baby' in his crib rocking back and forth on his hands and knees as he stares up at me with a face that just screams, 'Pick me up Mom!!'. 
How and when did this happen! 
Shortly after I got Connor up and gave him his morning bottle, I could hear little miss Lily. She is in her room yelling, "Hi Mom. Hi Baby!!" over and over again. 
All this emotion lately, I just don't understand what is going on with me! Haha!
I just can't believe how big all of my "babies" are. 
As I write this, Lily is standing next to Connor as he is jumping around in his bouncer. She is just smiling, laughing and singing to him. She just loves him and is just so full of love in general. 
I am truly blessed. I have three GROWING children that are just full of life. They are happy, healthy and perfect to me. 


On days like this, you have to just sit back, look around and just see everything for what it is. 
So, today, on my wonderful day off from work, I am going to do just that. I am going to enjoy this time with my babies and just watch them grow right before my eyes. 


My little Connor
My beautiful Lily Pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment